Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Merry

This was an excellent holiday.

This is the first time I haven't spent the holidays with my giant family, and it was just me and the Dude, here in Vancouver. A little odd and a little sad but it's shaping up to be a good day.

There is a channel on the TV that is nothing but a fireplace. It's the best thing on today. I guarantee it. That and Barenaked Ladies holiday music, kropsu, funny hats from the crackers, movies and not getting dressed ever.

My adorable husband got me an original Lorraine Fox painting, and a copy of "Water Babies" illustrated by Jessie Wilcox Smith with his vows written inside. I got him a few DVD and an art book. And a children's book that I read at the wedding. I think he won Christmas. See my pretty painting?


I looooooove it. It's absolutely gorgeous and totally unexpected. Can't wait to frame and hang it. Yep. He does pretty good. Tonight is fondue and more movies. We went to mass last night and managed to find the church that is at least 75% Filipino completely by accident. Dude was transported back to his childhood. It was nice, even though we came late and ended up standing in the hall the whole time along with the other 50 latecomers. It doesn't matter though.

Have a very merry Christmas, internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment