Thursday, December 30, 2010

Illustration Friday: Winter


My first foray into Illustration Friday. I meant to do this a lot sooner! This week's theme was "winter." I love to knit and so it felt natural to include some fair-isle patterns in the background. Nothing keeps you warmer. I'm loving red and green together right now, this kind of olive and cherry red is so pleasing to me. I love that pop of color against the neutral, it's just what I need on the dreary northwestern winter days.

This is actually a holiday postcard created for this year, but it fits right in with the theme. Next week will be a brand-new illustration, though. No cheating! Although I did just create this a few weeks ago so it's not really cheating so much.

Goodbye to 2010 and hello 2011!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty! Welcome to Illustration Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome. Fair Isle is warm, indeed. So are you going to do an intarsia reindeer with cardinals?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should! It would be adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete